Railroadfan.com OVERHAUL updates

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Railroadfan.com OVERHAUL updates

Unread post by GP9R »

I don't really like the new board. Its not the worst I've been on. the worst Boards out there have to be the Trains.com boards. but this one is no longer spectacular.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Keep getting " 0 uploads successful ". NOW what did I do ? :evil:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

M.D.Bentley wrote:Keep getting " 0 uploads successful ". NOW what did I do ? :evil:
By the looks of things, that error only seems to happen if you are exceeding 3 minutes to do an upload. Couple of suggestions:
Try sending in just one photo at a time.
Resize your picture first at home before you upload.

Are you uploading photos that haven't been resized, sending quite a few at once, and/or on a slower internet connection? I'll test more when I'm at home tonight.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Ft Wayne Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ft Wayne Railfan »

Hey Zack, how you liking the admin panel on 3.x.x? I upgraded my board to this version several months ago and found the admin functions much easier to navigate and many more tools are available. Adding mods & themes is also a snap. I like your upgrade. I'll have to PM you sometime to talk about coppermine integration. I used to have the user databases linked but the upgrade didn't seem to allow this anymore, I think it's a problem with coppermine I guess.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

What's the deal with the chat? Sometimes it shows, sometime not :?:

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

So far I like the new setup. It took time to get used to but right back on track now. This new format is still easier than the POS "new" facebook page!
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

Zack,
I like the look of the new site, except that it does not format as well on a mobile device as the old site did. Is this something you have control of in the layout?
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts