A Suggestion....

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

A Suggestion....

Unread post by conrailmike »

Suggestion:

Photo Contests, and Assignments with themes.

Themes for contests could be stuff like MOW, Unusual Loads, etc.

Themes for Assignments could be stuff like heat waves, Locals, etc.

Contests should be 1 month and you may pull from your collection. Assignments should be 2 months to give ample time to get out and shoot.

Advanced Photo Assignments with themes like Panning, Creative Wide Angle, Long Exposures, Artistic/Creative, etc. (for those who are a little more advanced in their photographic skills, anyone can enter though) The time length would be the same.

The winner(s) will be voted on by the membership.

The winner of each contest or assignment will be put in the overall vote for the year.

I suggested this to Zack awhile back, he may have forgotten about it.

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by signmasters »

You must be a member at RailroadForums.com
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I like Zack's simple photo contest but will try it if he decides to change...
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

signmasters wrote:You must be a member at RailroadForums.com
It doesn't have to be the same as that one, but something like that would be cool.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: A Suggestion....

Unread post by ~Z~ »

conrailmike wrote:I suggested this to Zack awhile back, he may have forgotten about it.
Not forgotten..was just changing how the weekly votes were going on for the regular photos added to the gallery were taking place. I certainly wouldn't get rid of the current voting style, but would just add that as another voting process. We are getting more interest in the weekly votes with the number of votes coming in, but lack the number of photos that are submitted... does sound a lot like railroadforums.com, and even they have a lack of photos sent in each month it appears for their contests. I'll keep it in mind though.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com