My day with Mike H

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

My day with Mike H

Unread post by patrick »

Well, he came and picked me up and we went and checkout all the yards in the area. Started by my house and they had the 5492 out front and the 998, 4065 and 2001 in the dead line. Thats it for the HESR in Bay City. next we move to the LSRC/SBS. no locos in the north yard and essexville was empty. Essroc has about 30 loaded cars to be pulled tomorrow. they have been moving a buttload of cars this fall and winter. SBS had gone down the "hole" today and spoted Quality bag. in Saginaw we caught the east side HESR with the 3865 and the CMGN 8905. they were working at Norman street. Mike played with his new digicam and took some pics. Soon as he can get internet at home he's gonna learn how to post pics here. (i'm gonna teach him). Moving on... we next stopped at the SBS 8th street end and caught the 2003 switching cars. the SBS also had the following locos in the yard. 281,381,2052, 3504, 1280, and both BN units from the night before (see coal train post) the Inbound yard has Zaro cars in it and the rails for the most part are rusty. the Saginaw yard is a sad sight as the sbs does not keep it as busy as the csxt did. moving on, we next went to flint magrew yard and mike took pics of some of the storage cars including a C&O for progress airslide. visible were Lj's 2 locos the 1108 and 4433 the ex conrail Sw1001 and the ex GTW GP9. Csxt had a B-40-8 at coldwater road hooked to a sled. the auto loader has been moved to the storage yard were they are now loading cars. csxt had some other power burried deep in the yard by the car shop but it was too far away to see. Next we moved over to see the CN main and yards. we caught a eastbound working the east yard with a CN C44-9W 26?? and a Cn SD75I 56?? nothing else was moving at the time there. We then left and i took mike for his first trip to a riders hobby shop. He was like a kid in Heaven. :-) then we went and had dinner and came home. we are leaving bright and early for a couple ours of ohio trains tomorrow. I'll have another trip report no doubt tomorrow.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

I would also like to point out that while railfanning the csxt yard in flint we heard the steam trains of the huckleberry railroad really good. they sounded awesome.