OS Reports.

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

OS Reports.

Unread post by Aleks »

Just wondering if any of you guys (in Michigan especially) would like to know what I log going through Brantford on the CN.
I'm usually up at the station every Saturday and Sunday morning till noon.
Also most Friday nights.
The Westbounds I figure would be the most usefull to you so you know what's headed your way on the GT. Likewise anyone on the GT lines with trains heading through the tunnel would be good for me to see so I know what's coming my way.
I keep fairly detailed logs that include symbol #, engine numbers, car counts and time by Brantford.
Typical westbounds I see during the morning are 399, 271, 385 & 331.
Eastbounds I usually see are 390, 392, 398 & 148.
There are others but they don't go your way. NS 327 to St. Tomas from Buffalo and his return NS 328 and CN 435 which goes to Windsor.
Sometimes I go up in the afternoon and/or evening on weekends and westbounds I'd see heading Michigan way would be 391, 393, 145, 275, 383, 149 & 397. Eastbounds include 330, 276, 394, 396 & 144.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Yea man, i'd love to hear about it. please add that kind of thing as often as you can.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

You know me I love trip reports. If its something interesting I might even head to Lansing or Durand to see it. So count me as a vote for it

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Further to OS Reports

Unread post by Aleks »

What ones to you guys see in daylight especially. I know it takes about 3 hrs to get to Sarnia/Port Huron, some trains may be held waiting for crews. I know for example 385 usually goes through here between 9:30am to 11:00am but I've seen him leave Port Huron and head south at Tappen to go to Detroit after 144 comes off that line around 5:00 to 6:00pm.
I can try to get them in when I come home for lunch so you guys will have time to decide where and when to go especially if it's good.
This past Saturday for eg. 399 had a CSX Dash 8 for his middle unit and 385 had a CN-DW&P-BNSF(Red & Silver) for his 3 units. These would probably have been worth going for. If it's just CN only power probably not.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Others would be able to answer that better than I.