Scooters Northern Indiana, Ohio Weekend

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Scooters Northern Indiana, Ohio Weekend

Unread post by Scooterb »

Well I couldnt make it down with the guys Friday so my son and I head down Saturday morning. I have been waiting all week for the weekend and sunny weather to get the faol colors. First stop is Corunna IN at the bridge. We have a westbound and an eastbound comming. I put newly charged batteries in the camera and line up my shot for the eastbound. WTF? The batteries were inserted backwards :oops:
quick change them around but not in time to get the westbound.
Well we dont hear anything else comming on the NS line so we shoot down to Garrett because there is a lot of chatter from down there.
Well I didnt like those shots either.
We know we have missed a few NS trains so back to Corunna.
We hear a couple of eastbounds comming and my son says lets go to Ligionar so west we head, get into Kendalville and know the first one is getting close and there are no crossings to be found well miss that one :x
Well we try getting out of that godforsaken town and miss the next one also :evil:
Finnaly we get out of town and head west and miss the next 2 also :twisted:
By now I am telling my son how its nice to sit in one place and let the trains come to you.[We have quite the discussion on that] we have been fanning almost 2 1/2 hours and I have yet to get a descent shot.
We get to Ligionar and finnally a shot
The CSX line detector is going almost non stop so we head a little south and follow the CSX line back to Auburn and get these 2 trains
I decide to stay around the Saint Joe area for awhile so we get these shots
These are from just east of Ssaint Joe
These are from Saint Joe
Now for the one on the NS line in Saint Joe
The brightest move of the day
Concord IN west of Saint Joe
Up to Butler for this shot
We make it back to Corunna for some sweet afternoon shots
We start heading home and get this one east of Corunna
To Waterloo for this last one
Heading home I try a different route and jump on 12 through Coldwater and get supprised by this
Will do Sundays pics tommorrow.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

great rundown here scott.. too bad you missed so many NS's during the day...it can be easy to do. don't you agree people drive unbelievably slow on US6? Hopefully you were able to find some of those bridges on CSX sunday... i could have made a map and shown you all the areas to go and how to drive there. Lets see how sunday turns out! (when ya get time)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

don't you agree people drive unbelievably slow on US6?
Probably, :roll: Amish's carrier with horse give people drive make causing sluggish on US-6.
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

when i was heading down IN 9 in the morning nearing La Grange, saw something blinking and going down the shoulder. Turned out to be the Omish with its horse and carriage. I was slightly surprised to see a blinking LED instead of the usual non-electric large orange triangle though.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Sundays pics
Well after putting over 400 miles on my truck Saturday. Its time for the slow lane I head for my old standby Stryker OH.
I didnt like the shadows In Stryker so I headed to Wauseon
First up is NS 38E

Its still fairly early when NS 242 comes by as I am on my way back to Stryker
The following not in order all at Stryker
11:21 NS 21A
NS 68T 9:15 heading for Delta and the steel mills
NS 82A 11:47
NS 15J with NS 82A on the far track 11:47
NS 20K 10:23
NS 20E 12:13
NS 24M 12:36
NS 16N 11:30
NS 23Z 12:00
Not a bad way to finish off the weekend
Hope all enjoy and thanks for looking

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Zack for tha CSX bridges those can be yours, you did the research on them I will let you have the pics. I deffinantly like Corunna nice quiet town and good parking. Lots of potential angles for pics also. I just have to lock out CSX on the scanner so I am not tempted to go down to Garrett.
I also found a quicker route there by going down US 12 to 69. I can make it in about an hour and a half.