Meet with GP40 and Fire

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Meet with GP40 and Fire

Unread post by Scooterb »

Had to run to Lansing tonight so I posted to see if Gregg wanted to meet at the Amtrak station. Just as I pulled up Q327 went by and stoped short of the diamond finally we get this eastbound CP train
We stand by the station talking and waiting for more trains but none come but I can smell smoke and it smells like a building is on fire well by this time its getting to dark to shoot trains and I have some shopping to do while I am in town so I follow my nose and end up finding this building on fire.

Pics can be seen at this link
http://www.railroadfan.com/images/scooterlansingfire
I hope you dont mind me posting these Zack. I can remove them if you want.
Chasing fires is another hobby of mine. These are the first fire photos I have taken since January when I took some of a co-worker and friend, tragicaly he was killed in a seperate fire the following morning.
Last edited by Scooterb on Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Q325?
Q327.
It was really nice to finally meet you, Scott. I'll let you know whenever I go down to Ohio to watch trains.
I really hope no one got hurt or killed in that fire. :(
Here's my photo of X502:

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Thanks Gregg I just edited it

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Those are pretty neet pictures, suprised thay let you up that close and take pictures.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Thanks. They had it taped off with caution tape lots of people watching.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

great pictures here scott..thanks for getting these online..definately don't mind pics of fires like that. did you end up with nate earlier in the day around northern ohio/indiana?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

No I ended up working, he ended up in clouds all day. I did get out Saturday. Toledo was really plugged up due to the incident on Friday. We only saw 2 westbounds the whole time we were there. Dont know if they were re routeing or what. 17J didnt come by until noon thats normally a early morning train never did see 27V. Looks like next weekend is supposed to be good. probably the last good weekend for color depending on this weeks weather. If we get rain and wind it might be to late for good color even then.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Scooterb wrote:No I ended up working, he ended up in clouds all day. I did get out Saturday. Toledo was really plugged up due to the incident on Friday. We only saw 2 westbounds the whole time we were there. Dont know if they were re routeing or what. 17J didnt come by until noon thats normally a early morning train never did see 27V. Looks like next weekend is supposed to be good. probably the last good weekend for color depending on this weeks weather. If we get rain and wind it might be to late for good color even then.
was there very much good color when you were out on saturday? If there is a day this week that the sun is shinning. i'll be down there...latest of friday i'd imagine... I'll keep you updated.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Color was pretty good. Not the best due to the weather this year. I think this week will be the best. Hopfully sun this coming weekend. Will be heading down Saturday if sun is shinning.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Gregg here is my pic of X502

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Looks good.