Amtrak #364 7/17/2005

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Amtrak #364 7/17/2005

Unread post by RailCanon »

My dad, brother, and I went out shopping tonight, and we stopped at the Quality Dairy by the Amtrak station at Trowbridge on the way home. When I got out of the car, I noticed a crowd of people at the station, I walked over and, sure enough, here comes Amtrak, running almost two hours late. I carry my new camera around everywhere I go these days, and I still had the tripod in the car from my last night outing, so I decided to get some pictures.

The train arrives at the platform:

The consist for tonight was:
P42DC #30
Three Horizon Fleet coaches
One Horizon Fleet Cafe
F40 NPCU "Cabbage" 90219

This photo shows the whole train as seen from my usual position:
Slightly different angle. If you look closely behind the signals at Trowbridge, you can see the signals at Cedar Interlocking, Three miles away. Even further away, but also visible, is a smoke stack from the Board of Water and Light Power Plant in Lansing :shock: :
Profile shot of #30:

As I was taking the third picture, I noticed the street lights on the platform. I checked all three pictures, and sure enough, the lights had screwed me again. I solved the problem with the lights by walking to the other side of the track. The lights are not much of a problem on that side.
You can see passengers getting off the train in this view:
A slightly zoomed in view. The passengers are boarding the train this time:
The last passenger is boarding, and the train is getting ready to leave:

The train departs town, and streaks into the night, with 90219's marker lights, and the gate at Harrison Road rising:
Just after the train left, I ran into another member of the shortlines board, Retired Yardmaster. I've now met practically everyone on the board!

Thats it. I hope everyone enjoyed!

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Pretty sharp night shots Gregg.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon