Scenes around Manistee, Michigan 7/4-7/10 2005

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Scenes around Manistee, Michigan 7/4-7/10 2005

Unread post by RailCanon »

Here's a few things I saw while vacationing in Manistee during the first week of July.

July 4th: Saw the Parade in Downtown, and then went to see what was in the CSX yard. Not much. The slug set had run off to Martin Merietta, and the only piece of interest was this thing:
Image I don't know what it does, but It looks kind of cool.

Later in the day, D712 leaves town, passing over US-31.
I didn't expect them to run on July 4th, but they did. I heard the horn from where I was staying, and I ran down to the crossing as fast as I could. I got there about a Minute before they showed up. One of the dogs that lives where I stay also followed me to the crossing, but she took off running when she heard the horn. :lol:

Later that evening, I took a night time picture of the semaphore.
The signal for the swing bridge was green, and the bridge itself was closed, but the train never showed up.

End of part one.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Part 2

Unread post by RailCanon »

The next evening (July 5) I heard D712 coming back into town, so we went to the yard to catch them arriving. This was my second attempt at night shooting, and it didn't come out as well as I hoped, thanks to that stupid light, but they were decent enough.

On July 6, just prior to meeting BB, I took this picture of the yard.

And here's the last picture I took. I took this as I was leaving on the 10th.
This may very well be the last picture I ever take of CSX operations in Manistee, Michigan. :(

I hope you've enjoyed this series. I really enjoyed my vacation this year, and I look forward to next visit to Manistee.