NS Chicago line 10-10-04

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

NS Chicago line 10-10-04

Unread post by Scooterb »

Start out going to Butler Indiana. Not happy with photo angles so we hit the road and head East to Stryker Ohio. The sun is good to catch this East bound trailer train at the elevator

Next up is this UP lead coal train.

Then we get this meet.

Same location a NS train led by CSX power.

We get symbol NS960 a power move headeing west to Bryan Ohio.

We break for lunch and gas, and settle in at Wauseon Ohio, but soon we hear traffic on the scanner for the I&O just east of us in Delta Ohio. We head East and get this shot of the NS at Delta

Still see no action on the I&O so we check out the power at North star steel and catch this.

We pull out and look down to the bridge and see the I&O crossing over the NS line. racing down to the overpass crossing we are to late to catch a south bound led by an ex Southern Pacific.We turn around and the chase is on, but wait there is a Northbound also on the I&O. But that one is stopping, so we continue our chase for the southbound. But he stops short of the next overpass. I shoot a long range photo that doesnt turn out. Oh well back to North bound that is stopped, get back up there and he has moved over the overpass, Well that blows!
about this time the NS line is comming alive again so we move just East of Delta and catch an Eastbound and a Westbound photo of westbound looks like this.

You can see the end of the Eastbound in that photo.
About this time we see the Northbound start up on th I&O. So we head North of town and catch this backlit pic.

We can do better than this so the chase is on. But alas the next three pics are worse than this one, and after chasing all the way to Blissfield Michigan we give up and call it a day.

Hope all enjoy
Scott B.

<A HREF="http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos. ... 935">Click Here</A> to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

wow, great rundown there scott. When i was down in Ohio with patrick the weekend we saw you, we headed to Deshler on Sunday. While we were there, the scanner goes off, and a gentleman said the IORY was headed north towards Hamler, currently in Leipsic. He said we'd have a good chance of catching it if we hurried. Well, hurried we did, saw a westbound CSX train as we got there, but no IORY. waited 30-45 mins, no luck. Would have been backlit as well.. Didn't get too many decent pics around Deshler...too many objects in the foreground along with many westbounds in the morning...horrible angles.
Very nice pics though sir...haven't seen the sun in almost 2 weeks up here in GR...found out Grand Rapids is more cloudy than Seattle, in an average year.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Thanks Zack, Looks like this site is starting to take off.
Got this shot of the I&O in August on a trip to Deshler.
[img] http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=74049

[/img]

This is just south of the diamonds in Hamler.
Did you get a chance to see the HO scale layout in Deshler?
Scooterb

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Very Nicely Done

Unread post by BB »

This and your other trip report are very nice :D Is that semi truck in the second photo from the bottom at a farm or railfanning too :)

I had the same problem with the photo-link maker from RailPictures.Net for the Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net! but to make it work on the forums have it like this :arrow:
[url=http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=2935]Click Here[/url] to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!.
Copy the above and paste it in your signature. Hope this helps :D
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Very Nicely Done

Unread post by ~Z~ »

BB wrote:This and your other trip report are very nice :D Is that semi truck in the second photo from the bottom at a farm or railfanning too :)

I had the same problem with the photo-link maker from RailPictures.Net for the Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net! but to make it work on the forums have it like this :arrow:
Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!.
Copy the above and paste it in your signature. Hope this helps :D
hey guys. certainly hope things will continue to grow here. Here's a helpful hint on getting the railpictures.net image to actually show in the message. Keep in mind though that it will make this message take longer to load, since you are loading a huge picture in the message. When you are at railpictures.net, looking at a picture, right click on it, and copy the url location of it. I would provide a link, but railpictures.net doesn't seem to be loading for me at this hour (5am)...
Didn't get to see the HO layout...forgot that they had one. Is it located in that little grey shed where the radio equipment was? A guy had it open, but as i approached, he was locking it...oh well, may need to check it out later.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Scott B.

Unread post by Scott B. »

The layout is in the building that backs up against the NW wye. there is a garage door they open up. Its a large modular layout.
Scott B.