A true anything and everything consist - Ferndale, Michigan

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

A true anything and everything consist - Ferndale, Michigan

Unread post by David Collins »

https://youtu.be/RrRU7vyHGOk?si=hBYwlmarvczH2uwm

I ended up coming home from college this past weekend where I’m spending a week with my family due to personal reasons, after visiting a friend who lives in Ferndale, I decided to stop at the Woodward Heights crossing for a few, where I managed to catch E251 by dumb luck with a true anything and everything consist, which is unusual for this (majority of the time) autorack heavy train, today’s 251 had lots of tanks, flat cars, and even some BLE ore hoppers!
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: A true anything and everything consist - Ferndale, Michigan

Unread post by AARR »

171 cars. Lots of empty CenterBeam's, coil steel and ore cars along with loaded vehicle racks.
David Collins wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:16 pm
https://youtu.be/RrRU7vyHGOk?si=hBYwlmarvczH2uwm

I ended up coming home from college this past weekend where I’m spending a week with my family due to personal reasons, after visiting a friend who lives in Ferndale, I decided to stop at the Woodward Heights crossing for a few, where I managed to catch E251 by dumb luck with a true anything and everything consist, which is unusual for this (majority of the time) autorack heavy train, today’s 251 had lots of tanks, flat cars, and even some BLE ore hoppers!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by David Lang »

Nice Video David!

He was really moving along there. I caught a train a few months back at that very crossing.

Thanks for sharing.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

251 is a Mess. Always a ton of Bad orders to kick out before its built in Flatrock. In Battle Creek it gets Dissected into like 5 to 8 tracks so you essentially become a switch crew. Love that run through Detroit and Royal Oak but that train sucks.
Mark it Zero.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for the behind the scenes info.
A No.1 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:44 am
251 is a Mess. Always a ton of Bad orders to kick out before its built in Flatrock. In Battle Creek it gets Dissected into like 5 to 8 tracks so you essentially become a switch crew. Love that run through Detroit and Royal Oak but that train sucks.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...