Unusual weekend/daytime run of CSX L310 + CPKC 230 in Romulus

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unusual weekend/daytime run of CSX L310 + CPKC 230 in Romulus

Unread post by David Collins »

https://youtu.be/Ki0o25YLjoM

Quick recap of a strange catch in Romulus yesterday, a daylight and weekend run of CSX L310 (Plymouth-New Boston local), and on a Saturday as well. CPKC 230 is also seen in the video making it’s normal mid morning appearance.

Pretty quick report today as well

(0:00)

I was pulling into the parking lot I park at in downtown Romulus when I heard the L310 calling the signal at Wick Road, I was VERY confused as 310 doesn’t run on the weekends, and if it does, it does in the middle of the night.

I had maybe 45 seconds to spare, so no tripod for the first shot unfortunately. L310 heading south had CSX GP38-2 #2748 (which I believe is of conrail descent), a boxcar and a loaded centerbeam.

(0:38)

While waiting for L310 to head back north, CPKC 230 took me by surprise, with a CP AC44CWM up front, and an early build CP ES44AC in the middle. The train picked up speed about halfway in, I guess the slow order for the new diamond is no longer a thing.

(5:15)

L310 finally heads north after an extensive amount of time spent around New Boston, with 8 boxcars and the CSX 2748 heading north.

more to come soon!
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k