A Few Trains from Durand Yesterday

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

A Few Trains from Durand Yesterday

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

I went out to Durand yesterday afternoon after seeing updates on 398 with the two DPU's (one of which being a dark blue and white BC Rail). It ended up being a slower day, but I still got four trains, although only three I saw the power of. The first was HESR which backed out of the yard and left town with about 36 cars, most of which were tank cars and covered hoppers that looked like we bound for Dow in Midland. Next up was my target train, 398:

After 398, another eastbound came through, with a trio of CN engines leading.

The last train of the day was GLC, heading south at about 5:30pm.

L502 mysteriously didn't show up at all, and when I left Durand between 6:30pm and 7:00pm, there was still no sign of him on the ATCS. Must've been extremely late or annulled.
Overall a pretty slow afternoon compared to the Thursday's and Friday's I visit on. Those usually turn in about 6 to 9 trains in about 3 to 4 hours. Didn't help that 451 isn't running. HOWEVER, it was still well worth the visit, with the DPU's (which I don't see often on my visits), the BC Rail, and the GLC, which is always nice to see.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: A Few Trains from Durand Yesterday

Unread post by AARR »

I like your video's atrain. Durand is a nice place to visit even when the train count is down :) .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: A Few Trains from Durand Yesterday

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

AARR wrote:I like your video's atrain. Durand is a nice place to visit even when the train count is down :) .
I'm glad you like them! I agree, Durand is definitely a great place to hang out.