A Little Road Trip with a Few Trains Today

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

A Little Road Trip with a Few Trains Today

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Today I got some rail fanning in in NW IN and NE IL. First train I saw was actually in Durand as I saw an eastbound CN manifest with two CN engines passing East Durand, picking up speed after probably meeting a westbound. I didn't get any footage of this one however. I drove out to Chesterton, where I got about 7 more trains, two of which had CN power. Here's one of them:

After getting lunch at Peggy Sue's Diner, I went southwest into Illinois to the Union Pacific/CSX main line. After spending a short amount of time rail fanning the line, I ultimately caught 4 trains along the line between Watseka and Momence, plus another one I only saw the cars of from a distance in Momence. Here's the first, a northbound CSX manifest. Please pardon the poles in the foreground:

Then immediately after was an UP sand train heading south with a CSX DPU on the end:

After getting dinner in Watseka, I got two more trains, one at the same spot as the last two trains. A SB CSX Intermodal:

Then the last train, a quick moving southbound Union Pacific intermodal train:

That wrapped up a good day of train watching. After that, in Momence, I missed another southbound, this time a manifest which I saw in the distance but the power. Also passing over the NS Chicago Line on I 94, there was a westbound proceeding through Chesterton, with clear signals for an eastbound.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: A Little Road Trip with a Few Trains Today

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks atrain. I liked your videos :D .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Re: A Little Road Trip with a Few Trains Today

Unread post by hoborich »

Thanks for sharing the videos. Where does a 100 car sand train go? Anyone know?
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".