CSX Q322 with the Lake State 25th Anniversary Unit!

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

CSX Q322 with the Lake State 25th Anniversary Unit!

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

After seeing the update that Q322 had just been through Milford, I made my way to Lahring Road north of Holly to wait. It wasn't long...

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Q322 with the Lake State 25th Anniversary Unit!

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

Awesome job Brandon! Yep, it sure took a while for the train to get from Westland to Northville, but from Northville to Milford, he was doing almost 40 MPH the whole way. I originally planned to shoot it on the north side of Wixom, but I heard the Milepost 67.9 detector go off way before I anticipated so I had to keep going towards Milford.

I'll share my three clips of it whenever I get them combined, edited, and and uploaded.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Tier4GEVO wrote:Awesome job Brandon! Yep, it sure took a while for the train to get from Westland to Northville, but from Northville to Milford, he was doing almost 40 MPH the whole way. I originally planned to shoot it on the north side of Wixom, but I heard the Milepost 67.9 detector go off way before I anticipated so I had to keep going towards Milford.

I'll share my three clips of it whenever I get them combined, edited, and and uploaded.
Thanks! Yeah, when I first saw he was down by Westland, I was thinking it would be around the 6pm it would finally start approaching Holly or Grand Blanc. Nope, 4pm comes and he's in Milford. Luckily slow speed limits in Holly make it easy to get these trains. Just a reminder to never underestimate these trains, lol.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting atreain. Nice seeing the three 4-axle units leading the train :) .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

cbtrower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cbtrower »

Very nice!! I was going to go see it in Plymouth, but I was still in school.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Thanks! Definitely an interesting mix of power on this one.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Was the Lake State unit in transit. I wasn't aware they shared power with other railroads.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

hoborich wrote:Was the Lake State unit in transit. I wasn't aware they shared power with other railroads.
Yes, in transit from the rebuilder, AFAIK from Metro East Industries in East St. Louis. The unit was previously the No. 1169.

It is another mother slug unit, so they have a spare to go along with the two existing pairs. Unknown if they'll be building another slug to go with it.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow