CN A451 and a CSX local

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

CN A451 and a CSX local

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

I was able to squeeze in some train watching today, after seeing the update that 451 has 5 engines. Heading to Gaines, I had a short wait, with 451 coming through town at about 3:40pm.

A few hours later, I saw the northbound signals on CSX in Grand Blanc indicating an approaching train, so I went down to Holly, and upon hearing the horn just down the road in downtown Holly, I found a nice lit area, and got ready to video:

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN A451 and a CSX local

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

Solid!! You probably know, but that local was D737-27. It used to run a bit earlier in October and September from my logs. Within the recent weeks, D737 has been departing northbound very reliably between 5:50 PM and 6:10 PM, with returns fluctuating but averaging to around 10:30 PM to midnight.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Tier4GEVO wrote:Solid!! You probably know, but that local was D737-27. It used to run a bit earlier in October and September from my logs. Within the recent weeks, D737 has been departing northbound very reliably between 5:50 PM and 6:10 PM, with returns fluctuating but averaging to around 10:30 PM to midnight.
Thanks! Does it usually run north to Flint, or is pretty much as needed?

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

atrainguy60 wrote:
Tier4GEVO wrote:Solid!! You probably know, but that local was D737-27. It used to run a bit earlier in October and September from my logs. Within the recent weeks, D737 has been departing northbound very reliably between 5:50 PM and 6:10 PM, with returns fluctuating but averaging to around 10:30 PM to midnight.
6 or 7 times per week, and goes to Grand Blanc.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Tier4GEVO wrote:
atrainguy60 wrote:
Oh, thanks!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Are there customers in Grand Blanc?
Tier4GEVO wrote:
atrainguy60 wrote:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTWwatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWwatcher »

There is a company (Joshen Packaging?) that has a spur into their building. They are located right by Grand Blanc yard, but I'm not for certain if they still receive rail service. If they do, it's probably not very often.