Ep. 481: Flyover of the Empire Mine

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Ep. 481: Flyover of the Empire Mine

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Ep. 481: The End of the Empire Iron Ore Mine - Drone Flyover

September 2016 PALMER, MICH -- High above the landscape south of Marquette, Michigan, we're looking down at the Empire Mine, recently shut down for good.

The second to last operating iron ore mine in this legendary deposit known as the Marquette Iron Range, Empire has long been a fixture of the region, providing scores of good-paying jobs while producing much of the iron ore upon which the US Economy depends.

Fly over the complex in our first video shot from an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle - or drone, as most refer to them - a background of the area, the plant and the future are given, a precursor to our upcoming special edition, "Empire's Last Stand".

Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to share this video, like and subscribe to Thornapple River Rail Series!

Like TRRS on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/thornappleriverproductions

Videography Equipment:
-Primary: Sony PJ790 Camcorder
-Aerial Platform: DJI Phantom Drone
-Edited with: Cyberlink PowerDirector 13

People:
-Alex C: Owner, Producer, and Narrator
-Andrew E: Aerial Platform Operator

Copyright 2016 Thornapple River Rail Series by Alex Christmas, All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Saturnalia on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Ep. 481:

Unread post by AARR »

I like your videos, Saturn :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Ep. 481: Flyover of the Empire Mine

Unread post by hoborich »

Wow. That is going to cost a lot of jobs at the mine, train crews, lake freighters.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".