475: LSRC 2016: Mechanical Bells and EMD Geeps

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

475: LSRC 2016: Mechanical Bells and EMD Geeps

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Ep. 475: LSRC 2016: Geeps & Mechanical Bells

ALPENA, MI JUNE 2016 -- It's another summer on Michigan's Sunrise Coast shortline, the Lake State Railroad, and their efforts to service the town of Alpena, a cement-making powerhouse, home to several limestone quarries.

In this episode, we'll see a sampling of the action 2016 had to offer, focusing on the crossings which retain their classic mechanical bells, a perfect match for the equally classic EMD Geeps which trundle up and down the old Detroit & Mackinac mainline.

Still, I suppose the old D&M ALCOs would be more fitting, but we can't always get what we want!

Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to share this video, like and subscribe to Thornapple River Rail Series!

Like TRRS on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/thornappleriverproductions

Recorded with a Sony PJ790 Camcorder
Edited with Cyberlink PowerDirector 13

Copyright 2016 Thornapple River Rail Series
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: 475: LSRC 2016: Mechanical Bells and EMD Geeps

Unread post by AARR »

I miss your narration :( . I like when you talk about history, the scene, behind the scenes stuff, etc.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:I miss your narration :( . I like when you talk about history, the scene, behind the scenes stuff, etc.
Been busy these last few months. Getting back into it soon, I promise. Lots of it coming up, actually. :)
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

I miss your narration :( . I like when you talk about history, the scene, behind the scenes stuff, etc.
"Are you lonely tonight, do you miss me tonight"? :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".