Michigan Transit Museum

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Michigan Transit Museum

Unread post by AARR »

If you're in the Mt. Clemens area and looking to be entertained for an hour or so for $7 per adult I recommend the Michigan Transit Museum.

They operate on Sundays departing Joy Boulevard Park at 1pm, 2pm 3pm and 4pm. Parking and getting on board is fast and simple. The volunteers are energetic, friendly and informative. The passenger cars clean and nicely maintained. The train travels around 1.5-2 miles and back. You will enjoy all the sounds of a slow moving train, seeing the quaint houses and waving at the people. Total trip takes around 30-40 minutes. There were over 100 people on our trip 8) .

Afterwards, we toured the engine (L-B-H 4040) where the engineer showed us how everything works. They also have free hot dogs (I recommend a donation :) ) and some other snacks/drinks. There's a pavilion where you can enjoy your food.

In Mt. Clemens proper along the CN Mt. Clemens Sub tracks is their museum. I didn't visit but intend to another time.

Perhaps someday if they get enough funding they can rebuild the one mile of track from the Depot (Cass Avenue) to where their own tracks begins at Elizabeth Road.

Hope some of you give them a try :D .

See their website for pictures of equipment, schedule, etc. http://www.michigantransitmuseum.com/
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Michigan Transit Museum

Unread post by Michael »

I'll have to check that out AARR. The price is right too. How far past I-94 do they go? Not into Selfridge ANGB anymore right?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Michigan Transit Museum

Unread post by AARR »

Correct, Michael. Joy Park boulevard is about 1/2 mile west of I-94. They go west from there. No more trips into or near Selfridge :cry: .
Michael wrote:I'll have to check that out AARR. The price is right too. How far past I-94 do they go? Not into Selfridge ANGB anymore right?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...