WLE and other interesting Finds In Ohio

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
TPW4055_BNSF2184
Railroadfan...fan

WLE and other interesting Finds In Ohio

Unread post by TPW4055_BNSF2184 »

Just got back from Ohio and saw a lot of things Ive never seen before. Main focus was WLE and other regionals/shortlines. WLE was a success here are videos of a rock train at Akron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNGaCqyxgKQ
and a freight at Wellington: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0M6Ny22aI

Ill put more stuff up later.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: WLE and other interesting Finds In Ohio

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting TPW. Couple questions for anyone:
- It seems that rock train was pushing a lot of cars fairly fast. I didn't see a spotter either. What are the rules for this kind of movement.
- The 2nd video had a lot of LPG cars. Does W&LE have LPG customers or are these for storage (or both)?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

AARR wrote: It seems that rock train was pushing a lot of cars fairly fast. I didn't see a spotter either.
There is a guy hanging on the side of the first car. Looks like he is talking on a radio.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks Pixl. That train was moving so fast I missed it :oops:

BTW, 2nd train had 74 cars of which 62 were LPG tank cars so probably for storage. The stone train had 50 cars.
Pixl wrote:
AARR wrote: It seems that rock train was pushing a lot of cars fairly fast. I didn't see a spotter either.
There is a guy hanging on the side of the first car. Looks like he is talking on a radio.

PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Hope that train wasn't going all that far in reverse. Hanging off the side of the car can be a real pain in a shorter time then you would think.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

AARR wrote:Thanks Pixl. That train was moving so fast I missed it :oops:
I missed him too the first play. Had to go back a second time to see who was running the train.

TPW4055_BNSF2184
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TPW4055_BNSF2184 »

SousaKerry wrote:Hope that train wasn't going all that far in reverse. Hanging off the side of the car can be a real pain in a shorter time then you would think.

He was shoving to the other side of the river to get back on their own track. I thought the whole thing was an odd way of operating but, they know about this than I do.

Heres a video of the Rio Grande tunnel motors in Spencer. Found them totally by accident :!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZqhh6Wo5I

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think 4001 is an ex-GTW unit
TPW4055_BNSF2184 wrote:Heres a video of the Rio Grande tunnel motors in Spencer. Found them totally by accident :!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZqhh6Wo5I