Battle Creek stuff!!!!

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Battle Creek stuff!!!!

Unread post by Robertrains »

I went to Battle Creek (and Lansing) yesterday, 2-20, with my friend "Railfan Mark!!!!" I got to the Battle Creek AMTK Station early and saw 7 trains between 9 and 11:40 a.m. First, an eastbound "Mixed" freight came with CN "Cowl" C40-8M #2448 and "Class" CN C44-9W #2500, 106 cars! Amtrak® "Wolverine" #351 with two standard Phase V Genesis locos on each end. A local with one single engine went West (train to Killgore Yard)! It was "Gray" GTW SD40-3 #5942!!!! I like those locos and they are hard to find (see picture below of 3 on one train)! Then there was Westbound Amtrak® "Blue Water" #365 (standard consist)! While this train was stopped at the station, an eastbound CN freight passed with CN SD75I #5687, CN C44-9W #2674!!!! It had 92 cars, most of them "Auto Racks!!!!" A little while later was another Westbound freight! It was led by "Class" CN C44-9W #2200 (CN's first 'DPU' equipped loco, built 1-2004) and CN C40-8 #2117! It had 57 "Well Car" sets! I got Eastbound Amtrak® "Wolverine" #350 (standard consist)! I went to the Emmett Street overpass to capture something! I missed a Westbound train departing the yard with two Union Pacific® locos. A CN was departing West from the fuel dock. Also, CN painted GTW GP9r #4616 was working the yard. Luckily I had my Monocular to view beyond!!!! There was a "Bessemer" engine working the East end of the yard (I was hoping to catch this one—SD40T-3 #910)! Now, I photographed it in Flint—Friday October 23, 2015!!!! :D We went to the east end of GTW Battle Creek Yard! I captured it from alongside Clarence BLVD! It didn't go as far as McAllister Road crossing. I loved how the "Tunnel Motor" was working "Long Hood Forward!!!!" Now,
it was great to see another
"Bessemer!!!!" Also, CN painted GTW GP38-2 #4904 was switching!!!! I hope my pictures will turn out good (I'll wait for developing)!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No trains were seen operating in Lansing! I got the old COE/Mal F7A #725 (read "EL 725 SOLD**" post, 'Michigan Talk') and ate (1st time) at Clara's Restaurant® in the old 1912 Pullman® passenger car!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This photo shows three former KCS/CN SD40-3s—third is GTW 5942 that I saw (photo by Steven McKay, 4/14/2006 at Durand): Image
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Battle Creek stuff!!!!

Unread post by hoborich »

Sounds like you had a real fun day.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

A picture from Steven McKay. He hasn't visited this site in a long time.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

hoborich wrote:Sounds like you had a real fun day.
:D :D It was good, thanx!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dave989 »

Best time to catch trains in Battle Creek is in the A.M.
CN runs their stuff around the morning Wolverine and Bluewater
Amtrack trains. I go down there about once a month or so.