Porter/Ogden Dunes, IN - 1/3/16

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Porter/Ogden Dunes, IN - 1/3/16

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

This past Sunday I was in the Porter/Ogden Dunes area to do a little 'fanning. Over a span of 4.5 hours, we saw at least 19 trains. Some of the photos did not turn out how I wanted (thanks clouds) but I'll post some of my better ones in here.

PORTER:

(Yes I was on public property)

OGDEN DUNES:

-NS
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit

Re: Porter/Ogden Dunes, IN - 1/3/16

Unread post by justin_gram »

Nice pictures!

Is that a new intermediate bagged over in the distance at Ogden Dunes (look in the BNSF Coal train pic)? These look to be taken at CD 488, so 488.5 must be about where that signal is, at Hillcrest Rd. Must be CP 489's replacement, which this will now be the intermediate and approach to the new CP 490.

Possibly I missed them while on the Southshore a few weeks ago, but these are likely new instillations. Thought it was strange CD 489 didn't have any replacements.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

justin_gram wrote:Nice pictures!

Is that a new intermediate bagged over in the distance at Ogden Dunes (look in the BNSF Coal train pic)? These look to be taken at CD 488, so 488.5 must be about where that signal is, at Hillcrest Rd. Must be CP 489's replacement, which this will now be the intermediate and approach to the new CP 490.

Possibly I missed them while on the Southshore a few weeks ago, but these are likely new instillations. Thought it was strange CD 489 didn't have any replacements.
Yes I believe it is. I remember seeing a new signal bridge in the area to the east as well.

Also, I was right next to the 488 markers for most of the shots.

Thanks for the compliment!

-NS
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think SD38-2 154 is an ex-Reserve Mining/Iowa Interstate engine.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...