Sunny Sunday on the Michigan Central

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Sunny Sunday on the Michigan Central

Unread post by Ypsi »

Yesterday was an awesome evening for trains on the MC (especially compared to today with the below freezing temps!), and we were able to take advantage of it with a few nice catches.

First up was an early running 38E clearing 30 west just before 4:00pm, todays train featured a couple of big "C's" leading the way in the form of a CSX and CP unit.

After the 38E we headed down to CP Ypsi to grab 352 before we got some ice cream. I thought the lighting would be tough with the sun setting and an EB train but I was wrong. The light turned out pretty sweet for a video and we got a horn show ta boot.

After getting some ice cream we headed down to Depot town to watch 355 clear up Westbound. I originally was just going to watch this train go by as the sun was below the trees mostly, but then I saw a little potential with my GoPro fish eye lens and the sunset. As 355 cleared the engineer gave us a shave and a haircut which is always nice

A nice spring evening for trains on the Michigan Central, with some surprisingly decent light and a good concentration of trains. Thanks for watching and reading! 8)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown