Fiesta en Detroit

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Fiesta en Detroit

Unread post by Ypsi »

Yesterday we headed for Delray and Detroit for some fanning. We ran into mlineamtrak at delray and also saw GTW6401 at Delray which made it a little "Party in Detroit". But we started our day finding the boat yard local on the boat yard line with CSXT 1300 leading the way (CRman5 insist I got lucky on this one but I dissagree). We tried to get farther down for a mini chase but a combination of one way streets and unplowed streets prevented that. We ended up with one shot of them before they dropped a refer at the produce station.

ImageCSX Genset on the Boat Yard Line by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

Next we headed to Delray for an intermodal heading for Conrail Livernois yard with a pair of KCS De Mexico units on point. They were makin slow speed so we got two shots, one at Delray, and then further north after they got the signal into the yard. Of note the crossing at dearborn street was so rough that the leaders plow literally scrapped the pavement causing a lot of noise and dust.

ImageKSC De Mexico Fiesta en Delray by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

ImageKCS De Mexico in Detroit by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

After checking out Livernois we headed north to our destination, but not before seeing a CSX local heading south over the Michigan line, and then findin a Conrail local serving a steel facility north of Livernois yard.

ImageConrail LV-9 in Detroit by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

After that we had to head on out, but this day of fanning Detroit was encouraging as every way we turned we saw a train. Mlineamtrak had a good day too and lot of variety, I wish we could have stayed longer but time was limited. Thanks for reading and viewing 8)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown