Ludington 3/16/05

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
BB
Railroadfan...fan

Ludington 3/16/05

Unread post by BB »

Went to Ludington and here are some items seen. From this album.

1. Found on the test track at Harsco Track Technology.

2. Thinking it's this grinder. (Product info on their site)

3. Another piece of equipment.

4. A true motor car. My guess is this is to supply power or air to the new grinder. Video of what it sounds like: Engine running

5. Close up of the cab car.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Ludingon Yard

Unread post by BB »

6. Head on view of the train ready to go to DOW. Didn't catch it running there this time.

7. CSX 2682 with its fading through original paint teamed with 2802.

8. Found the coke transfer spot in the yard where it's transfered from rail to truck. Goes to Great Lakes Casting in Ludington.

9. Is this stuff sprayed using a stencil? Add O and N to the end of BRAN and it'd be my name.

10. Similar to the villain in Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.

11. A puddle in my grandpa's driveway with the sunset.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Great pictures! :) I hope the CSX paint on that engine fades away entirely into Seaboard. :lol:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Gregg Pullano wrote:Great pictures! :) I hope the CSX paint on that engine fades away entirely into Seaboard. :lol:
don't we all....i'd really like to see more chessies. a bit off subject, but strangely enough, had a dream about chasing a train last night. It was a local pulled by a chessie. My fiance thinks a train was going by here in jenison around when i dreamt it....anyone else have experiences like this?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

I had something like that happen to me recently. I was day dreaming about a Duluth Winnipeg and Pacific SD40 stopping my bus at the crossing next to the amtrak on the way home from school. Well, we got stopped by a train (I was the only kid who didn't whine about it :wink: ) and the leader was a DW&P SD40! I don't remember the number, but it made my day. Kind of ironic.

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

The first time I took the Amtrak to Chicago, I think I heard horns when I was sleeping from hearing the horn for four hours.
Brandon

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

BB wrote:The first time I took the Amtrak to Chicago, I think I heard horns when I was sleeping from hearing the horn for four hours.
same with me...every horn that i heard as i was trying to sleep that night in jenison sounded like amtrak...
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com