CSX Grain slowed due to brakes @ Alto and Clarksville

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

CSX Grain slowed due to brakes @ Alto and Clarksville

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Episode 106- CSX Grain Train G404 with Loads from MQT

Shortly after departing Wyoming Yard, the crew discovered a brake problem with the trailing unit, CSX 7582. So, they pulled into the Siding at Fox, and took a look. After about an hour, they told the dispatcher they were going to try again.

After battling the hill out of the Thornapple River valley, we see them heading downgrade then back upgrade just east of the tiny twon of Alto, Michigan.

Seeing as though they were not going full speed (due to the brake issue), we were able to get ahead of them again and see them just to the west of another small town: Clarksville. The train crew was preparing for a defect reading out of the Clarksville Detector, and told the dispatcher when they were about to hit it. But, their luck held out, and the defect detector reported no defects on the train.

Consist:
- CSXT 436 [AC4400CW]
- CSXT 7582 [C40-8]
- 76 cars [Grain Loads from MQT Newaygo]

Location/Time:
- M50/Alden Nash Ave Crossing [Alto, MI] on 6-6-12 at 16:54 EDT
- Clarksville Road Crossing [Clarksville, MI] on 6-6-12 at 17:05 EDT

Rate, Comment, and Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for everyone who updates the whereabouts of trains on here, cause a update allowed me to get this one out where I've never been :D
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: CSX Grain Train in Farm Fields Thanks to a Brake Issue

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CSX Grain Train in Farm Fields Thanks to a Brake Issue
Your title makes it look like the brake problem caused the train to derail into some farm fields. My guess is that's on purpose, so I changed it for you :)

On the Alto shot, may have been a better idea to walk up near the fence so the ugly orange poles and vegetation aren't blocking the train...nice video overall though.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: CSX Grain Train in Farm Fields Thanks to a Brake Issue

Unread post by Saturnalia »

~Z~ wrote:
CSX Grain Train in Farm Fields Thanks to a Brake Issue
Your title makes it look like the brake problem caused the train to derail into some farm fields. My guess is that's on purpose, so I changed it for you :)

On the Alto shot, may have been a better idea to walk up near the fence so the ugly orange poles and vegetation aren't blocking the train...nice video overall though.
Meant to say "thru"

I had no idea when the choo choo was going to show up, and based on the horn in the distance, there was no time to play around. I am kicking mself for not doing so though :x
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: CSX Grain slowed due to brakes @ Alto and Clarksville

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoy your video's MQT but ~Z~ made a good suggestion. Looking forward to more from you :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...