Scooterb's Day out 1-9-2005

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Scooterb's Day out 1-9-2005

Unread post by Scooterb »

Well its been a week and had the bug to get out of the house. Cant leave to early because I am on call for work till 8:00. Put $5.00 worth of gas in the truck @ $1.89 gal. and head for Ohio. Lot's of chatter on the scanner going down. Thinking of starting off in Wauseon. But as I near the Ohio border. I hear a couple of westbound around mp 307 and mp 313. I wont catch them at Wauseon but maybe have a chance at them at Stryker.

Well as you can see I missed both of them plus an eastbound. Shoulda gone to Wauseon instead I would have been there by now and caught the eastbound to boot. OH well lets see what we can scare up on the back roads to Wauseon.
How about NS 17M in Archabold.
I like this shot but its pretty much the only shot to be had in the whole town.
On to my destination.
Well I am on empty by the time I reach Wauseon but the Sterling Station doesnt dissapoint again this week Lets fill the truck @ $1.53 Gal. Now I am ready for the day.
We get NS 21K

NS 24Z

NS 880 a loaded DEEX coal train

NS 560 Empty hopper train
]

Well lets roam on over to Delta.
Another coal train NS 560

Well I have had the itch all morning to go to Vickers again. Thats almost where I went to start the morning. So off i Go.
I start with a n.b. auto on CSX
An NS e.b. van train
NS 24Z again
An NS e.b.mix
a n.b. CSX T241? a CN train IC, CN , gray GTW
The snow on the ground and the clouds really messed these pics up so I didnt bother with them.
NS 20G
NS 10R

CSX n.b. coal
NS 20T

NS 16E

Now if I had been thinking I would have realized this shot a little sooner but......
Well I did catch some three way action from a distance. Thats NS 16E going to split NS 205 and NS M1M.
M1M an extra 11M rolls by in some Whats this??? sun light.

We finish up with NS 205
Well not a bad day for a cloudy one.
Again hope all enjoy'
Till next time Scooterb out.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

very nice pics sir. the one of the northbound CSX auto train was linking to a picture from tim, so i got it corrected for ya. i really like the thumbnails as well..thanks for taking the time to get them up here.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

:)

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Nice photos Scott. Gotta love those old NYC signals to get in shots along the Water Level Route - especially that huge bridge there at Vickers. Is it easily accessable to get photos like yours? I try to get them in my photos farther west in Elkhart, I just posted a couple new ones in the "Users Submitted Gallery". Once again, nice shots, thanks for posting.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

GP30M4216, The signal bridge at Vickers is by a parking lot behind an auto detailing shop. I got permission last week to park back there from the owner. He was happy someone asked instead of people just parking there. The one at Delta I shoot from the road, there is an entrance to a field I park in. The one in Archabold I park at the grain elevator and walk up to the tracks. So yes they are pretty easy to work into a photo.
Zack thanks for fixing the link I must have deleated a number or something when I copied it. We can thank B.B. for the thumb links. It should help the people that have phone modems.
Scooter B