CP X500 derailment

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

CP X500 derailment

Unread post by ~Z~ »

ok, while one would think i have any pictures of it, i don't. heard about it at 11pm, and when i got out of work at 3am, headed to Grandville and saw no derailment. Here's the run down.
Picked up my camera in Jenison after work, and headed out towards Wyoming Yard. Stopped behind the mobil station and took this photo:
Two CSX trains were waiting to head west, but it didn't look like the track was opened yet.
Last edited by ~Z~ on Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Next up, i stopped down at Judd St....CSX 1139 was idling with CSX 9119. Image
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Took a picture of two CSX trains along with a yard job on the east end of the Wyoming Yard.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Lastly, stopped over at Broadway St in Grandville where the crossing was lit up, but no train in sight.. Turns out the X500 pulled a drawbar just west of MP 6 in Grandville, but it looks to have been cleaned up earlier in the morning.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Update:
According to Pudgy, the derailment site appears to have been at 12th Ave on the west side of Jenison. I checked out to Cottonwood, but since 12th Ave is near MP 8, and i heard it was just west of MP6, i stayed east of there. Snow was so heavy anyway, couldn't see very far in front of myself. Good to hear they got everything cleared up at least.
Webmaster

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

RCPHE4s

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Hi Zach, nice night shots. I see that 1139 was with 9119 the MOW RC drone. Are any of the other old GP40 drones back in Grand Rapids? Last I heard they were down in florida or else paradeing back and forth between stanley in toledo and GR and no one knew what to do with them. Thanks for any updates.