Saturday around lansing and durand.

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Saturday around lansing and durand.

Unread post by patrick »

On Saturday I decided to go for a ride. It was nice so i decided on lansing. Met up with Gregg at the amshack and went in search of Q327. However just before gregg showed up, a CN westbound came through. it had CN 5708 and 2 other CN units and a IC unit on it. Now, we find Q327 at the west end of Ensel yard waiting for a signal. It had an RLCX leader and csxt 8241, 2724, and 2622. I caught it on film and will post pics soon of it. After that we went to both the cn yard and the NS yard and didnt see much of nothing. NS had the 3062 in the yard. but not where we could take pics of it. CN likewise had a GTW unit in the yard but also not where we could see it. We then headed back to Greggs house and farted around abit talking.. Upon leaving greggs house i headed back to the amshack for a bit getting there just in time to catch a Essexville coal train headed for Durand and interchange to the HESR. it was Lead by a BNSF red and silver GE and a trailing GEVO unit. Video of this unit can be seen here.... http://www.dailymotion.com/tcaauwe2002/video/110310

I caught this train in Durand later but my pics didnt turn out as i'd have liked them too. I also caught 271 west as it flew through Durand. But, when your memory card is full... your cam won't let you take anything more. So I switched cards just in time to watch the tail end of 271 fly west. We left Durand about 10:15 with a green signal to the east.