Durand 3-9-09

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Durand 3-9-09

Unread post by SteveTJ »

After being stuck inside all weekend because of the crappy weather, I decided to take advantage of a nice sunny day and head out to Durand to catch whatever was going on and to try out a new camera lens.

After arriving about 12:30, CN 391 is stopped just short of the high wye so it can cut off all but six cars and prepares to head into the yard.

391 headed onto the high wye.

Backing into the yard to drop off the last two flat cars

New switches being sent somewhere

391 couples back on to the rest of its train sitting on the Holly and heads west.

Not long after 391 heads west down the line, HESR backs its 100+ car train out of the yard. Mostly grain hoppers in the front and 60 tanker cars in the rear. By this time, my scanner has died and I didn't get the train number. (I really need to find my car charger)

Wasn't expecting this

All tankers at the rear

After this, nothing came by the rest of the afternoon. :x Oh well, hopefully we'll see more at the meet 2 months from today.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Re: Durand 3-9-09

Unread post by Racer »

Nice shot Steve. I'm still wondering why the Holly Sub trains are still symboled 390 and 391. Wern't they supposed to be changed to 490 and 491 recently?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveTJ »

GLC 392 wrote:no 390 will run from chicago to Sarnia and 391 will run sarnia to chicago, 490 and 491 will take the place of 390 and 391.
I wonder if CN is not going to change it. As of yesterday, they were still using 391.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Nice photo's Steve. That 391 is a fun train to watch when they switch Durand, especially when they have a long block of cars to set out. They use the High Wye, cross over from main #1 to #2, then back into Durand Yard. Then repeat it going back to their train on the Holly Sub.

I also enjoy the CMGN train coming and leaving Durand because of the long and slow back up moves. You were foertunate though, I haven't seen a CMGN train bigger than 50 cars in some time.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...