Folkston, Georgia Railfanning trip.

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Folkston, Georgia Railfanning trip.

Unread post by Railzfan »

Hello everyone,

Today we visited two railfanning hot spots, Folkston and Waycross, Georgia. Folkston was absolutely amazing! Train after train after train, CSX seems to “Fleet” trains through this area, so you may see half-dozen trains headed North and none South for several hours. I took around 200 pictures total. As for motive-power on CSX through Folkston, I saw: SD40-2’s, SD70AC’s, SD70ACe’s, C40-8W, AC44CW, ES44DC’s, various leased power and former Conrail units and pool power. I also caught a ballast cleaner on the siding, amazing how huge they are! In total I saw around 20 trains in the 2 ½ hours we where there, I spent most of my time chatting with Engineers and Conductors while waiting for the next train.

As for Waycross, we did not have a lot of time as it was near dark by the time we arrived, so I guess Waycross will have to wait until next time. With the sun setting fast, I shot a few pictures of a CSX switching job working the Y. I will upload pictures tomorrow night; I’m way too tired tonight!

See you tomorrow night, and keep an eye out for the pictures! :D :D :D
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Sounds like a great trip...how is it that you are on these trips all the time, and not in school or college, or working even? must be a nice life!
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Great Trip!

It was a great trip and I had tons of fun! As for me, I an home schooled and my family likes traveling, so wherever I go, my homework goes with me and let me tell you, I get field trips that no school ever could do! My family and I have covered almost every Eastern state and this year we are heading out West. I have also been to China and climbed the Great Wall and visited the Forbidden City! My family likes watching trains; we go out and try to catch trains when ever we can. :D :D :D
~Andrew Kersting

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Last Note:

As for today, I got out for a little while and caught some action in Cordele, GA., saw several CSX Intermodal and mixed freights. Got some really great pictures! :D

Sorry all, we didn’t get to our hotel until just a little while ago, so I didn’t have time to upload any pictures tonight. But I will have them up tomorrow, will be home then.
~Andrew Kersting

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Wow...must be a great lifestyle at least. Getting to go on vacation various places, and being in school...railfanning all over. You got it made Andrew!
Looking forward to whenever you get the pictures online.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com