Late night/early morning happenings

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Late night/early morning happenings

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Wow...odd occurances tonight.. Lots of things going on in the Grand Rapids area.
Well, got out of work at 3am, headed south on US-131, west on I-196..as i approach the Market St exit on I-196, i saw about 9 police cars, and forcing all traffic to exit the highway. Police standing outside their cars, flashlights all over. Does anyone have access or knowledge of what was going on at this hour? This would now be on 12/17/04. Anyway, since the only direction you can go to get towards Jenison is to go around Wyoming Yard, i decided to stop by. As i'm pulling in, an empty CP autorack train is heading east. The rear end clears, watch 2 BNSF lite engines and a CSX engine head towards the engine house. Yard job with CSX 1139 and a drone unit move lite across the yard. A CP intermodal train was waiting to leave eastbound, and another CSX manifest train waiting to head east as well. All of this was at 3:20am. Headed past Lamar, saw what i believe was CSX Q326 waiting to enter. Found out CP X501 had left 15 mins before i got there, and CSX D801 is going by as i type this. I'm just glad i had to get off the highway :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com