My day out in the sun.

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

My day out in the sun.

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Went out side, while the sun was out today, dnd here is what I saw.

First, was the BO2, with BNSF 9568, heading westbound, taking a train from Homested yard, to the Mega yard.

Next up was the Q15012, with GECX 2880 & UP 9588, at Navare Ave. (Sorry no digital, just slides)

Then I shot down to Vickers to catch some NS action, and here is what I seen, first was the 20E, with NS 9296 & 9082.
Then came the 205, westbound, with NS 9859 & 2670.

Up next as 205, was still heading westbound, was the 20K, with NS 6784 & 9537.

Then shortley after that the 178 came by with NS 9833 & 8840.

As I was sitting there, I kept hearing a KO3, up at Homested yard, so I took of, to see what was happening. By the time I got there, I never did find KO3, but I did see a 667 leaving, the 5808 & 6158, switching, and also another train ready to head west.

Well not seeing anything else aroud, I took off after the 667, and here is what I got, first at Dearborn Ave., then down by the Maumee River.

Well hearing some CSX, heading south, I headed back to Walbridg yard, to catch them comming in, but when I got there I had a suprise. Z24112, was sitting waiting to head around for Stanley yard, with GTW 5933 & DWP 5908.

While waiting I went over to East Broadway, to wait for Q399, to pull in, and discovered, that the track department, had replaced the outside rail, in the outbound wye, and had just lit the rope, to heat the rail, and caught them doing that as Q39712, passed by, with CSXT 7783, HLCX 9028, CSXT 2724, 4422, 1177, & 9302.

Well I finally caught the Q39912, but only shot slides, as it was sitting back to far to use the digital camera. He had the CSXT 8526.

Well I decided to head for the docks, before heading home, and on the way up, I caught the BO2, making there second trip for the day, taking this cut of cars back to Maumee yard, with NS 3444.

On the way back I decided to swing up to Lang yard, and see what was there. I came across two BNSF SD70MAC's, # 9510 & 9422. Also the rebuild place in the old car shops, has been buissy working on rebuilding old CSX rotary gons, for HCSX. And finally the 383, sitting up by the yard office, waiting to head onto the CSX to Stanley yard, with CN 5329 & IC 63??.

After that I headed home.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Aleks »

Nice stuff, the overhead shots of the BNSF train, where are you?
Who's tracks is he on and where to and from and the line that joins from the right where is that to and from?

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Great pics Matt.
Pretty soon you will be getting picky like me :D

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

That would be the Chicago line (NS ex-CR) Chicago to NY, at CP Maumee, if you were to walk to the other side of the bridge, you would see this.
The line to the right is the Miami Cut Branch. It is, or should I say was, in the NYC/CR days, the way into and out of Stanley yard. It is the west leg of the wye, and the east is on the other side of the bridge. Also this was quite a junction at one time, the train is comming off of the Toledo Belt, also just out of site, that heads to the north (left). Also at one time, the B&O crossed at grade (I think), to also connect to the Belt. The bridge (I just cant seem to spell that right now). Was the main line, of the PRR, that ran from Columbus to Detroit (Lincoln Sec.). It came up through Tiffin, Woodville, Walbridge (where WR Tower, is), into Outer yard, out the north end, tied into and with the Miami Cut, then ran over the NYC, along the Maumee River, on the east side, and crossed the river just north of down town. Then it ran through the AA, and connected into the C&O, at Alexis, and ran trackage rights, up to Carleton, where the Lincoln Secondary comes off, up that to Detroit.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

chessiefan1980
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chessiefan1980 »

HOLY COW!!! Matt, these are so awesome...better than what we saw last week..lucky you...me and patrick shoulda waited till then lol...