A short winter trip

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

A short winter trip

Unread post by patrick »

After all the snow we had last night i decided to go railfanning today cause it was nice. First off...leme just say I saw ONE darn train the entire day. The CN line is just as dead through flint as the shortlines are.... so..heres my report on EMPTY TRACKS. at Van Slyke road in flint i caught CN 5709 and CN 5653 at 3:55pm going east at track speed having not stoped in the yard in flint. They had a pretty short train of maybe 40 cars. At bristol road yard office was the 4620 shoving hard on a cut of auto parts boxes. Near the overpass was what appeared to be the GTW 4903 tyed onto a cut of racks. Those are the ONLY trains seen all day. Went to Durand and bancroft and saw empty mains and shiney rails.... the SBS main through saginaw hasn't seen anything since it snowed as the crossings were still blocked with snow. Thats it for today...maybe someone else went out today and had better luck. My next trip is going to be this week or next and will be an Ohio trip with my mom. Look for that report soon!