39E meets 351 at CP Ypsi

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

39E meets 351 at CP Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

This morning I got up to a 39E sitting outside our kitchen window. When I found my way outside there was a NS car department pick up parked outside so we then knew it was an issue with a car. After a little bit the train got moving nice and slow and pulled the bad car up to the truck. After some inspecting they determined that they would take them nice and slow down to Willow run yard and make a set out there. Learning this I headed down to CP Ypsi to catch them and the now later Amtrak train 351 which was coming down the 1 main to make the meet. I beat them by a but and set up at the tri lights and caught them splitting them during the morning blue hour.

NS 39E CP Ypsi Blue Hour by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

Next up was Amtrak 351 but first I grabbed a clip of the limited clear at CP Ypsi because I thought it was neat and I know there are other "signal fans" here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RHu398TzMh0

And 351 comes around the corner and taking the limited clear. They also out out a ton of smoke as they got moving, bathing me a little.

Amtrak Alco? by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

I followed the freight to Willow run yard and watched them start the set off before the rain came, I only grabbed one shot as this time around I was just interested in observing and taking it in (which was really nice too)
39E at Willow Run Yard by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

They got going and made it to wayne junction just before outlawing. Overall a productive morning and I beat the rain. Thanks for reading and viewing my photos and videos! 8)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown