3 Trains in an hour on the Michgain Line

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

3 Trains in an hour on the Michgain Line

Unread post by Ypsi »

Skip to 0:30 to skip intro right to trains

Welcome to a new series that I will be doing over this summer as it gets lighter and warmer. This will be volume one of the series, which I will continue over the summer. This is the best possible hour of railfanning the Michigan line in Ypsilanti presently. From 6:45pm to 7:45pm we get 3 trains on the old Michigan Central line in Ypsilanti Michigan.

6:47pm:
The first train is Amtrak train 352 running about 25 minutes late today. In the background you can see the Historic Ypsilanti Freight House, which houses a café, and model railroad club. This train will meet Amtrak 355, and pass NS 38E at Wayne Junction 10 miles to the east.

7:20pm:
The second train in this hour of railfanning is Amtrak train 355 headed west for Ann Arbor. This train is seen passing the old Ypsilanti station, sitting empty. You can also see historic depot town with its many colorful buildings. 355 met 352 at Wayne Junction, and headed west after they cleared.

7:40pm:
Shortly after Amtrak 355 cleared west, Norfolk Southern Freight 38E passes the historic station. This train backed out of the "north pass" in Wayne Junction after the two Amtrak's cleared and heads west behind the Amtrak to Jackson Michigan. Tonight 38E is led by a new NS GEVO, and an NS Dash 9, the train is 25 cars in length.

Thank you for watching and reading! 8)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: 3 Trains in an hour on the Michgain Line

Unread post by Saturnalia »

It seems like if they religiously ran 38e and 39e down Main 1 they could keep it open...not sure how they're planning on extending the mains to Ypsilanti and keeping them open...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow