Plymouth Lunchtime: Y107 cab move

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
odave
Railroadfan...fan

Plymouth Lunchtime: Y107 cab move

Unread post by odave »

Hey Gang:

Long time, no post. I've been busy with work and family stuff lately, but I still make time for 'fanning every now and then. I stopped in Plymouth for a quick lunch on my way back from dropping my daughter off at Metro Airport. Caught Y10703 taking cab CO 904143 back into the yard.

I couldn't hang around longer, but at least I got a little taste :)

wagnew0923
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Plymouth Lunchtime: Y107 cab move

Unread post by wagnew0923 »

If you ever get a chance eat at Side Tracks in Plymouth, I love how the place shakes when the train goes by

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

what direction was this train heading? I'm not very famliar with Plymouth
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

MQT3001 wrote:what direction was this train heading? I'm not very famliar with Plymouth
According to the Youtube title, it's westbound.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

atrainguy60 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:what direction was this train heading? I'm not very famliar with Plymouth
I think its on the Detroit Sub heading back to Plymouth Yard rather than on the Plymouth Sub (or is it called Lansing Sub now?) going away from Plymouth Yard.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

atrainguy60 wrote:
Fail on my part....don't usually look at the titles of videos I watch in trip reports because the title of that thread usually is what the video is actually called (or something very close).
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

msurailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by msurailfan »

wagnew0923 wrote:If you ever get a chance eat at Side Tracks in Plymouth, I love how the place shakes when the train goes by

Where is Side Tracks? I live in Northville and have been going to Plymouth my whole life and have never heard of this place.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

msurailfan wrote:
wagnew0923 wrote:If you ever get a chance eat at Side Tracks in Plymouth, I love how the place shakes when the train goes by
Where is Side Tracks? I live in Northville and have been going to Plymouth my whole life and have never heard of this place.
I Googled it and the only listing is for a Side Tracks in Ypsilanti. I found a short blurb about a Side Tracks in Plymouth but no phone number or address :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

That loco was definitely westbound, and in the final going-away scene it was next to Station 885 (which is in Plymouth, the Sidetrack Bar & Grill is in Ypsilanti) http://station885.com/index.html.

Garry K

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

Yup, westbound to take the cab into Plymouth Yard via the Toledo Wye. I've eaten at Station 885 before but didn't have time for it. Just some BK on the bench :)