Random Thoughts

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Random Thoughts

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

Why do bicyclest think they have a right to blow through red lights Just because they want to keep that pace going
Last edited by PlymouthStationGuy on Wed May 20, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Does anyone else ever come across police who don't pull cars all the way off the road or into side streets but rather park half way in the right lane impeding traffic?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

i love it when police like to hide behind things just to catch motorists like signs, shrubs, buildings, walls, etc...here in Columbus on a stretch of Route 315 just before you get to the outerbelt I270. The Sharon Twp police love to sit in a driveway and wait for southbound motorists to pass their location everyday at 4 in the morning. waiting in their big SUV's, they think their such bigshots. And i enjoy passing a portable electronic marquee reading that flashes the speed i am traveling when i am well aware of the speed limit. :evil: Also i give props to the Dublin Ohio police as well who love to pull over anything that moves.
Exit stage left

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

i think that being green is overrated
Exit stage left

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

I am REALLY bored sitting at my computer....,

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

this random thoughts are for the people who use their cell phones, text message, twitter (what ever the heck that is) pick their nose or other places, read the paper, go into their brief cases while driving on the freeway or driving any other road.......STOP IT!!!!!......... the life you save might be mine.
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

pick their nose
Hey I take exception to that, I resemble that remark, and I do quite ok thank you. :mrgreen:
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

bababababababababababaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

TrainWatcher wrote:I am REALLY bored sitting at my computer....,
i'd suggest going to maps.live.com or maps.google.com and studying plymouth :) I do that for GR occasionally just to scout out some new angles to get photos from.. satellite views, birds eye views, terraserver maps..all quite helpful.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

This topic is actually really fun and realivent.... anyone agree?
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Does anyone else ever come across police who don't pull cars all the way off the road or into side streets but rather park half way in the right lane impeding traffic?
Its just there way to make you get over and further away from them when outside the patrol car.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

PlymouthStationGuy wrote:Why do bicyclists think they have a right to blow through red lights Just because they want to keep that pace going
Sometimes I do it just to get away from traffic. Not saying it's right, though.

I feel like I'm in a gray area when riding. Not quite a pedestrian, but not quite a vehicle. Sometimes in a can't-win situation -- case in point: going south down Northville Rd. approaching 5 Mile West (just north of the C&O overpass). The road widens into 2 southbound lanes. If I get into the right lane, cars in the right lane trying to turn west onto 5 Mile honk because I'm in their way. If I get into the middle of the two lanes, so I'm not blocking people turning right, invariably someone in the left lane honks, saying, "why the hell are you out in the middle of the road?"

And if I ride on the bike path alongside Northville Rd. in that spot, invariably the cars turning right aren't looking out for me when I cross 5 Mile, or if I'm going north, cars turning south onto Northville Rd from 5 Mile don't see me. I could be in the right but dead right. All 4 times I've been hit by cars (even riding on a sidewalk!) it was because they weren't paying attention and didn't see me (and weren't expecting me).

So I try to minimize confrontations with vehicles by blowing red lights occasionally and getting away from the vehicles, especially those turning.
Owosso Steve

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

SW wrote:
PlymouthStationGuy wrote:Why do bicyclists think they have a right to blow through red lights Just because they want to keep that pace going
Sometimes I do it just to get away from traffic. Not saying it's right, though.

I feel like I'm in a gray area when riding. Not quite a pedestrian, but not quite a vehicle. Sometimes in a can't-win situation -- case in point: going south down Northville Rd. approaching 5 Mile West (just north of the C&O overpass). The road widens into 2 southbound lanes. If I get into the right lane, cars in the right lane trying to turn west onto 5 Mile honk because I'm in their way. If I get into the middle of the two lanes, so I'm not blocking people turning right, invariably someone in the left lane honks, saying, "why the hell are you out in the middle of the road?"

And if I ride on the bike path alongside Northville Rd. in that spot, invariably the cars turning right aren't looking out for me when I cross 5 Mile, or if I'm going north, cars turning south onto Northville Rd from 5 Mile don't see me. I could be in the right but dead right. All 4 times I've been hit by cars (even riding on a sidewalk!) it was because they weren't paying attention and didn't see me (and weren't expecting me).

So I try to minimize confrontations with vehicles by blowing red lights occasionally and getting away from the vehicles, especially those turning.
Steve what i am say is this I have the green light to go north on Northville Rd and some Bike rider desides to go through the red and keeps going on Hines drive heading east or west cause he or she does not want to stop. and there is no cars making a right on red.Thats what I am talking about
Plymouth Station Guy

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

I know. I was just offering some random thoughts. Your comment gave me the opportunity to.
Owosso Steve

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

watch this with the sound turned down (past the first 51 seconds please)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShTm8MnUAjo
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

why do I always get stuck with HIM!!!

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Vision going, Can't see keybo..a...r...d.................. :D

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Why is it when government says we have to change it costs us more fees and taxes but government officials never have to share in the pain
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

If Who's on 1st, Who's on 2nd, and Who's on 3rd......WHO'S AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is a zebra white with black stripes or balck with white stripes :?