NS 922 in Jackson

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

NS 922 in Jackson

Unread post by Scooterb »

Heads up. NS 922 is heading west. Just stopped in Jackson waiting for Amtrak at 12:45pm. Ballist train w/ engines 9156 and 9040

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: NS 922 in Jackson

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Scooterb wrote:Heads up. NS 922 is heading west. Just stopped in Jackson waiting for Amtrak at 12:45pm. Ballist train w/ engines 9156 and 9040
any idea where this one is headed to drop some ballast?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

gp302
Railroadfan...fan

NS 922

Unread post by gp302 »

NS 922 just leaving Jackson. Had trouble getting started up the hill. They brought B16 out to help pull back. He pulled all the way back to the depot and got a running start to get up the hill. Will have pictures later.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

B1G

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Went into town to see if I could catch either this Ballast Train, a random GT Botsford Movement, Amtrak 353, or B1G. I saw 353 but not up close - this guy has the 6 car consist right now with an F40 cab on the west end and an Acela unit on the other. They were right on time into Kalamazoo, and left about 5 minutes late. Then the wait began - I didn't know about the Ballast train except that it was behind 353 somewhere, and who ever knows about a GT job anyways, but I hadn't heard B1G at all, so I was thinking I'd catch them. And sure enough, over the scanner from 2:45 onward B1G was building their train at the yard. They also had to talk to the Amtrak Trainman for the Michigan Line - Didn't know we had one of these. Anyway, they came out of the yard and crossed to the number one track and waited, then they got clearence from BO and away westward they came. I caught them right at the old PRR diamond. CR 3066 and NS 3068 with one Amtrak Ballast hopper and 10 more assorted boxcars and loaded bulkhead flats. They passed the tower at 3:10pm. No more scanner chatter or horns signaling a GT move or the Ballast Train so I took off. Maybe the ballast is for the track upgrades south of BO tower? The new ties were dropped all along there and are still there.

Unread post by Guest »

Zack, GP30M4216 they told my son they were going to Kalamazoo, and there was to be a work train later this evening. Possibly staying at Jackson overnight then heading to Kalamazoo. I was home on my lunch hour when i heard him and had to get back to work so my son went out and got these pictures.
This is at Jackson yard waiting for Amtrak

This is just west of the Amtrak station getting a helper. The carmen are taking Fred off.
This is the head end at mp 77
This is the head end being pulled back to the Amtrak station

Pictures taken by my son GP302

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Anonymous wrote:Zack, GP30M4216 they told my son they were going to Kalamazoo, and there was to be a work train later this evening. Possibly staying at Jackson overnight then heading to Kalamazoo. I was home on my lunch hour when i heard him and had to get back to work so my son went out and got these pictures.
This is at Jackson yard waiting for Amtrak

This is just west of the Amtrak station getting a helper. The carmen are taking Fred off.
This is the head end at mp 77
This is the head end being pulled back to the Amtrak station

Pictures taken by my son GP302
If GP302 is your son, is this ScooterB?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Yes that be me. I didnt realise I was loged in as a guest until I posted.
Scott B