Goodbye x502 & X503

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
muskegonrr
Railroadfan...fan

Goodbye x502 & X503

Unread post by muskegonrr »

x502 and x503 will no longer run between Detroit and Chicago via Grand Rapids. This was the newest set to be removed. The set was taken away today. By the way, two dead CP trains stuck in the NS yard (Elkhart crew) and sounds like every thing has been dying the past couple of days in regards to the CP trains on the NS. Such a great plan according to many. I guess you need to look more at an area's capacity, prior preformance record and have a basic understanding of how to get a train over the road, than to just look at a map. I guess the CP failed to do that. Anyways, let the train sit, let the grass grow. Maybe the freight will arrive to its destination some time. Lets hope the customer isn't in a big hurry.l
Wooooooo Woooooooo

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

Michigan railroads are changing, big time. With CP leaving, CSX selling its lines off, the future of railroads don’t look to bright for Michigan! It wouldn’t surprise me to see CSX leave the state as well! I sure hope they don’t!

Yahoo Group:http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MidWestRailroads/
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Not too bright?

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Why does the future for Michigan railroading not look bright? CSX selling it's lines could actually be a good thing. Still just as many trains, and maybe the new railroads will treat their customers better, get more traffic, and get new customers altogether.

Even though the CP trains are going, I'm still seeing just as many as before. It seems for every train that leaves, there is an extra that runs. 502/503, 511, 512 and 747 are gone, but we still have 500, 501, 514 for a little bit. Plus the extras that are becoming very common, extra 514's, 532, 544 and whatever else they decide to run. Who knows, maybe after CP has cleared out of Michigan, CSX will decide to run more of their own trains through Grand Rapids. Bay City coal from BNSF through GR instead of through Toledo? Plenty of opportunities to utilize the line for themselves.

As long as there are still trains running. Does it matter who runs them? The future may not look all that bright for CSX, but that's their own fault. Maybe they have a plan? Maybe they'll move own to TWO Plan and get rid of ONE Plan. And as I said, it's always a possiblity that they'll utilize the line for themselves more. They've used it as a back-up all these years when something goes down in Indiana, they'll reroute a couple trains through GR. Now with CP going, they'll have more room for stuff like the Bay City coal coming from BNSF.

We'll see what happens...

muskegonrr
Railroadfan...fan

The Bay City coal idea is a dead topic because of the hill at saugatuck.
Wooooooo Woooooooo

muskegonrr
Railroadfan...fan

Funny how things play out. First X502 (whatever they call it) that CP was going to run on the NS did not occur. The Reason...NS refused to handle the train! Too much traffic and not enough room to run trains. ahhhhh....the sweet taste of CP trains on the NS. By the way, CP asked CSX if they could run it through Grand Rapids. CSX said no, its all or nothing.

Just wait till the UPS trains start running on the NS. Everything will sit for hours waiting for the express train to fly past, that includes the CP trains. Good to know that GR was able to handle and is still able to handle the trains that they get.
Wooooooo Woooooooo