Here's The News Again...

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

doktor,
when you say that this is the last week for CSX, and saturday is the last run.... do you mean today saturday, as in 11/5, or next saturday, 11/12?
i'd assume 11/12 since their engines aren't even here yet.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Went under a Q334 last Thursday morning around 5:30am on 28th St in GRR. Went under the bridge as the 2nd loco was going over, CSX 7866. The lead loco was an ex-CR 88XX I think. Anyone catch it?
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Mike Tabone

Unread post by CAT345C »

Don't you mean broken rail at Salem Hill, South Lyons East end is MP 36, MP 28 would be between Salem and Beck rd wouldn't it? Oh well not gonna get to picky, it explains why I saw butt didaly this morning before cross country.
By the way South Lyon Cross Country is 6th in the state! and Regional Champion! First time in the schools history! :D
Our top five runners were in the 16s with one in the 15s for a 3.1 mile race!
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

So if Marquette Rail has indeed taken over already, as you said that was the last saturday...wonder if they operate this week and end near the end of the week. What is the exact date of the take over? If it's happened, how is the interchange with CSX working so far? Any ideas Doktor?
Webmaster

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

As I understood it, and this is by no means official, the take over date was set for 12:01AM on the 11th of this morning, being Friday. Marquette crews were to be based out of Ludington and Manistee, and I believe the turn which for CSX is known as D704 would be run by Marquette in reverse, so perhaps they would base engines at Baldwin also. Interchange would be made at Wyoming Yard with Marquette power, similar to the Mid Michigan move to Waverly, I'd expect. Unless they were to do it at Fuller and Y122 or whichever local job comes that was for the GRE cars would set out and pick up the Marquette cars too. I understand that when Marquette gets their perminant GP50s, they will have 7. Probably two of Manistee, two for Ludington road, two for Baldwin? and an extra for backup and either to work Ludington yard or else help with the runs to Martin Marrieta on the east side of Manistee.

Once again, only my guesses. We'll have to see what happens. I'm sad I won't be able to get away to catch the last D704 up that way....many good memories along that line...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

thursday night being the last run for the D704..hmm.. Well, friday may be the takeover then. Quite soon indeed. I wonder if engines based out of Ludington, make a pickup at Walhalla, then a run from there to GR, and back up to Walhalla for the dropoff, with a finish in Ludington would be too long? Not sure if they can do that on a 12 hour shift. If not, i'd imagine they'd have some engines based in Baldwin. I do hope they make the run from the north to GR and back so it'd be easier to follow them into town, then back north a bit.
Webmaster

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

I went to our local college a while back to hear what Mr. Ruble (who's starting Marquette Rail) had to say. If I remember correctly he said the Manistee train would run to Walhalla with four locomotives (two isolated) and once at Walhalla the 2 isolated would take the train to GRR.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Marquette Rail power and D704

Unread post by ~Z~ »

As posted on MISL
Marquette power and D704

Posted by Rich on 11/8/2005, 5:27 am

Caught northbound D704 just north of White Cloud late last night. Had BNSF 8909 and 9772 for power. Behind them were NREX 2943, 2903, 2935, 2933, 2939, 2911, and 129 cars.
Webmaster