Radio traffic booming

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Radio traffic booming

Unread post by Scooterb »

Anyone who has scanners on last night and tonight the signals are booming.
At this time I am hearing trains in Fostoria from my house in Jackson. thats 120 miles away.
This morning with my truck mount I was listening to trains in Detroit, and points east.
Scooterb

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

ya it was prety good last night, while putting the train away in livernois, on the ns chanel I could clearly hear Cleveland term. disp. talking to trains and them talking back. And the night before, we were in plymouth, and could hear the DD at 140.? on the toledo sub, to cincy. Thats over 120 miles away for a DD.

Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Eric Berger »

Things have really been hopping on the FM band the past few days as well, with Grove City, PA in on FM at one point Friday night; Grand Rapids area Saturday; and Kitchener (ONT) in here way over a semi-local station from Leamington!.

I'm predicting that as long as these warm days and cool nights continue, that tropospheric ducting will continue to be possible. In a nutshell, these long-range radio receptions will continue to be possible.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

CN dispatcher heard in ohio

Unread post by redside20 »

From my house in Bellevue. I could hear the the TD2 dispatcher carrying on a conversation and he is based out of Troy. And i am also hearing references to Coolidge and Wyandot in Michigan