Another multiday update and some personal thoughts.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Another multiday update and some personal thoughts.

Unread post by patrick »

Well after a week offline and a horrible week altogether having broken my camera. BTW JFYI...cameras dont ride well on top of the car.....remember that... i'll be buying a new one soon. Needless to say its been a interesting week. But thats not why i'm posting.... Here NOW are the trains....
On monday I went up to the csxt saginaw yard and saw the following units on an inbound train.
KCS 6601
in the yard was a CP AC4400CW, A FURX SD40-2, csxt 2615 and 5 other csxt EMD's.

On tuesday I met up with Kim and Allan in bay city and watched the LSRC with them. we saw the 975, the 798, 3515, 698. I left them at Beaver Road when the train crew went home.

On wedensday I saw the LSRC The 1280 and 381 were tied up with the alpena train near beaver road awaiting the night crew. and working in kawkawlin was the 3500, 281, 975 switching the stone place and they had their train cut off just clear of old kawkawlin road.

also tuesday night I caught the HESR with the coal again. They had....runing in this order back from consumers light power to their yard the 2001, 8802, 4065, and the 5492. I've seen the HESR and LSRC alot this week but power hasn't been anythng new and exciting so I haven't kept track of it. with the LSRC taking over the csxt in bay city, things should really get boring in this town. I'm not thrilled with the HESR anymore. RA in my oppion hasn't done the former CMGN any favors to date that are visible to my eye. They have more dead power now than they have ever had. Its a discrase in my eyes. A corp unit that needs work badly but is otherwise a good unit. A gp9 that last I knew ran, but because its not Crew freindly, is parked till god knows when. and a big 6 axle that SHOULD be on the road being used that has flat spots thanks to a yard crew that dosent know that you cant switch with the big units. That poor unit won't proabally ever turn another mile on the HESR. hopefully I'm wrong. The 8903 has been in bay city this past week with some serious work being done. Hopefully she won't take the same trip the 8904 was SUPPOSED to make. They shipped the 8904 to auther i guess but she is BACK in bay city and on the dead line. This is all for now. lata