MMRR #24 and a great adventure!

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

MMRR #24 and a great adventure!

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I was bored today, so I thought what the heck I'll go see if I can catch anything on GRE. So I biked down to Ada around 1:30 p.m. and waited.........an hour. Then a truck pulled up and a guy got out. I thought he was gonna tell me to leave. But it turned out he was friendly and introduced himself as the GRE trainmaster. So we talked and he told me the train was due in Ada around 3:30 p.m.
So he left, and I popped down to the gas station for a drink and then walked back to the tracks. No need to hurry, I thought, it's 3:00, I've got a half hour. Well, just as I got back to the tracks, I heard a K5LA in the distance. I stood there think "what the hell?", and before you know it MMRR #24 comes flying around the bend long hood forward. I scrambled over to my bag, got out my camera, and bolted across the tracks and positioned myself. It worked beautifully, and I shot this awesome pic :D .

So today was great for me. I met a trainmaster, and saw my very first GP9M. Next time I think I'll take a chair though, ballast isn't the best thing to sit on! :roll: [/img]
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Nice picture! I love the paint on that engine!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: MMRR #24 and a great adventure!

Unread post by ~Z~ »

4884bigboy wrote:I was bored today, so I thought what the heck I'll go see if I can catch anything on GRE. So I biked down to Ada around 1:30 p.m. and waited.........an hour. Then a truck pulled up and a guy got out. I thought he was gonna tell me to leave. But it turned out he was friendly and introduced himself as the GRE trainmaster. So we talked and he told me the train was due in Ada around 3:30 p.m.
So he left, and I popped down to the gas station for a drink and then walked back to the tracks. No need to hurry, I thought, it's 3:00, I've got a half hour. Well, just as I got back to the tracks, I heard a K5LA in the distance. I stood there think "what the hell?", and before you know it MMRR #24 comes flying around the bend long hood forward. I scrambled over to my bag, got out my camera, and bolted across the tracks and positioned myself. It worked beautifully, and I shot this awesome pic :D .

So today was great for me. I met a trainmaster, and saw my very first GP9M. Next time I think I'll take a chair though, ballast isn't the best thing to sit on! :roll: [/img]
well, not good to bolt across the tracks as the train is coming...nice picture though!
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

snoopdober
D to the O to the double G

Unread post by snoopdober »

good safety reply.