Saginaw Today and a bit of Bay City

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Saginaw Today and a bit of Bay City

Unread post by patrick »

Saginaw saw some big coal trains this week as i went there on friday and there was 3 or 4 different trains in the yard. One had the 713 on the head end and another had the 7820 and 4739. In bay city on thursday or friday we saw the Spirt of Nashville SD70AC 789 and CSXT 4793. Bay city that day also saw the 2794 in the YN3 paint on the Y122. Today the yard has a mix of power from CSXT, CN, and the UP, as well as a CEFX lessor unit. units close enough to see were the following:
csxt 9124
csxt 2509
csxt 1187
cefx 3150
up 6739
Cn 5295
csxt 6095
there were also other units in the yard that were not close enough to get numbers from. Saginaw also currently has a auto rack in the yard which has been involved in some sort of accident and the roof and northwest end of the car is crushed and caved in. this car is on its own wheels but is totalled. Not sure where this car is going except maybe to the shops there or to omnisource to be scrapped. I doubt the latter though. HESR also still has the 8904 out in front of the shops building awaiting its trip to god knows where this week. look for it on the csxt this week sometime. And the Durand job just came into bay city a bit ago with just over 30 tank train cars and the 5175, 2014 and 8804. Pics to follow on the main site in my section. lata