CSX building Levan Rd. Livonia

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

CSX building Levan Rd. Livonia

Unread post by KVERBERK »

I was looking at the CSX right of way on google maps and noticed a building on Levan Rd. next to the tracks labeled CSX Transportation. Went to street view and the building does have a CSX sign on it.

I was just curious what the building is used for? I guess I thought in general, railroad offices were located next to yards like Rougmere or Plymouth. I guessing its just offices of some sort but seemed like a strange place not being next to a Yard. Thanks
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: CSX building Levan Rd. Livonia

Unread post by AARR »

Used to be general offices but I don't know what it used for now
KVERBERK wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:40 pm

I was looking at the CSX right of way on google maps and noticed a building on Levan Rd. next to the tracks labeled CSX Transportation. Went to street view and the building does have a CSX sign on it.

I was just curious what the building is used for? I guess I thought in general, railroad offices were located next to yards like Rougmere or Plymouth. I guessing its just offices of some sort but seemed like a strange place not being next to a Yard. Thanks
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Unread post by BnOEngr »

Currently used for signal Department storage, also reporting point for area trades; plumbers, carpenters, electricians. Also contains a mechanic's shop. Is occasionally used for quarterly training classes for M of W. Building is for sale if interested...

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KVERBERK »

BnOEngr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:45 pm
Currently used for signal Department storage, also reporting point for area trades; plumbers, carpenters, electricians. Also contains a mechanic's shop. Is occasionally used for quarterly training classes for M of W. Building is for sale if interested...
Interesting, thanks for the reply's
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I think this was the former Detroit Division offices, but through various reorgs is no longer needed so the other uses prevail till a buyer comes along…

NoviRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NoviRailfan »

I have this fuzzy memory of going there as a kid for an Operation Lifesaver event.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

My brother-in-law is a partner of the Tes Filer City Station LP in in Filer City (Manistee) and remembers going there in the 80's to meet with CSX about installing a spur and receiving their coal by rail.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...