CN/NS Intermodal Partnership, UP Streamlines Falcon Service

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

CN/NS Intermodal Partnership, UP Streamlines Falcon Service

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

CN and NS are going to start interchanging intermodal at Detroit and Chicago. Included in this article is a map of the deal.

https://www.railwayage.com/freight/clas ... l-service/

Also, UP has apparently trimmed a day from the transit time for the Falcon intermodal service they share with CN.

https://www.railwayage.com/intermodal/u ... el=class-i

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN/NS Intermodal Partnership, UP Streamlines Falcon Service

Unread post by David Lang »

After reading these articles, I assume additional intermodal involved in these partnerships will be added to already existing trains, as the articles does not speak to newly formed trains as a result of these partnerships. Wondering if that is the consensus here?
Last edited by David Lang on Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

David Lang wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:41 am
After reading these articles, I assume an additional intermodal involved in these partnerships will be added to already existing trains, as the articles do not speak to newly formed trains as a result of these partnerships. Wondering if that is the consensus here?
I would agree. These agreements provide additional/potential new lanes of traffic for existing customers.

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by David Lang »

Now of course from a railfan perspective, it would be nice to see the potential for newly added trains in the future, but it will be interesting to note "if" there might be any extra trains that might run here and there if traffic volumes warrant it. Time will tell.

I still think Moterm is busting at the seems already as there really isn't room for expansion, but that is different topic of discussion.