Popular Railfanning locations in the Monroe area.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Popular Railfanning locations in the Monroe area.

Unread post by rail_watcher »

Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question. Please correct me if I need to post elsewhere. I am interested in finding some new locations to take my young son to watch some trains in the Monroe area. We have been to Depot Park in Wauseon, OH and we love it, but that is over an hour away from my house. Monroe would be a lot closer for me. Any info would greatly be appreciated!

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Popular Railfanning locations in the Monroe area.

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Depending what you want to shoot. For example ,for almost street running there's Kentucky ave. ( NS Detroitline ). The bridges over the Raisin River offer good photo opportunities ( CN , NS & CSX ) . Front street by the power plant might offer coal train road power.

rail_watcher
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rail_watcher »

M.D.Bentley wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:33 pm
Depending what you want to shoot. For example ,for almost street running there's Kentucky ave. ( NS Detroitline ). The bridges over the Raisin River offer good photo opportunities ( CN , NS & CSX ) . Front street by the power plant might offer coal train road power.
Thank you!

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Carleton and South Rockwood are where I railfan in Monroe County now. I usually only bother getting off I-75 before Alexis Road if I know something is running.