CN/GTW Mt. Clemens Sub - News and Notes...

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

CN/GTW Mt. Clemens Sub - News and Notes...

Unread post by Man o' War »

Appears to be a new Dragging Equipment/Hot Box Detector going in at MP 29, just north of the distant (approach) signal to South Haven at 21 Mile Road. The existing Chesterfield detector is at MP 25.6, so I'm assuming that it is to be removed in favor of this new location. An additional guess is that another new detector may be going in between the Nolan HBD near MP10 and this new one, thus requiring a change in spacing - pushing it nearer the Smiths Creek HBD at 48.6. Again, just guesses as to why they would move an existing HBD just a few miles to the north.

Man o' War

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Re: CN/GTW Mt. Clemens Sub - News and Notes...

Unread post by MQT1223 »

What's the traffic like on the Mt. Clemens sub? I know it has strategic purpose in case something happens on the Flint Sub as a bypass, but otherwise traffic is fairly light isn't it?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I don't know the train numbers but there are at least two trains that operate each way (one to Flat Rock and one to Toledo) and a pair of locals (one arrives from Pontiac and the other from Port Huron). Seems like there is at least one other road freight that uses the MC Sub.
MQT1223 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:12 am
What's the traffic like on the Mt. Clemens sub? I know it has strategic purpose in case something happens on the Flint Sub as a bypass, but otherwise traffic is fairly light isn't it?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Man o' War »

MQT1223 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:12 am
A482, A483, A484, A485, L533, L515, E271 (autorack repositioning - runs frequently), and generally several extra manifests weekly. Train count moderate, but tonnage wise - extremely heavy.

Man o' War