Delray Signal Replacements

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Delray Signal Replacements

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

The NS is replacing signals for their trackage through Delray. The Livernois Industrial, Old Main, and East and West Mains on the Boat Line have masts installed.

The searchlight and dwarf on the Boat Line will be gone, as well as the dwarf signal for Eastbounds on the Westbound Main.

The Conrail signals remain on the Detroit Line, and the CSX Tower, for now.

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Delray Signal Replacements

Unread post by Typhoon »

No doubt part of the project to convert the interlocking to dispatcher control. End of the third quarter is what I am hearing, going to the RN.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

New northbound signals are in on the Conrail side as well. They are way further back near the expressway overpass.

GP30M4216
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Interesting that the new CR northbound signals would be so much further from the diamond and crossing, shortening the already small block between Delray and the now-remote Bridge. Are any track layout changes planned? I wonder if they plan to install a crossover between the new northbound home signal and the Dearborn crossing?

On that subject, I wonder if the old NS eastbound main track is worth keeping From in front of the tower through the diamonds? Does anything even use this track anymore?

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

GP30M4216 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:50 am
Interesting that the new CR northbound signals would be so much further from the diamond and crossing, shortening the already small block between Delray and the now-remote Bridge. Are any track layout changes planned? I wonder if they plan to install a crossover between the new northbound home signal and the Dearborn crossing?

On that subject, I wonder if the old NS eastbound main track is worth keeping From in front of the tower through the diamonds? Does anything even use this track anymore?
A Northbound can crossover 2 to 1 at YD or 1 to 2 at the Conrail Bridge. A new crossover at Delray would not be necessary.

Possibly BD-07 will use the Eastbound Main but likely not worth keeping anymore.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

DaveO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DaveO »

Electronic bell not mounted at the top of the pole. Don't think I've ever seen it done that way before.