Jonesville Customers

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Jonesville Customers

Unread post by AARR »

At the other site in the History section a question was posted about Jonesville. The reason I placed it here is it was said there are no current customers in Jonesville. According to its address OmniSource is located in Jonesville.
Perhaps they think it's in Hillsdale or don't know that OmniSource is a customer.
Posted by Ren Farley on 7/12/2020, 8:04 pm
Does anyone know when the Michigan /NYC last operated passenger trains into Jonesville in Hillsdale county? Did passenger service to Hillsdale last longer than passenger service to
nearby Jonesville?

Thank you.

Ren Farley
https://members4.boardhost.com/RRHXHist ... 98652.html
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Jonesville Customers

Unread post by railrod1949 »

AARR wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:44 pm
At the other site in the History section a question was posted about Jonesville. The reason I placed it here is it was said there are no current customers in Jonesville. According to its address OmniSource is located in Jonesville.
Perhaps they think it's in Hillsdale or don't know that OmniSource is a customer.
Posted by Ren Farley on 7/12/2020, 8:04 pm
Does anyone know when the Michigan /NYC last operated passenger trains into Jonesville in Hillsdale county? Did passenger service to Hillsdale last longer than passenger service to
nearby Jonesville?

Thank you.

Ren Farley
https://members4.boardhost.com/RRHXHist ... 98652.html
Final run of the remaining old New York Central RR passenger train on the Old Road between Toledo, OH and Elkhart, IN. through Jonesville and Hillsdale, was made on November 19, 1956.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Jonesville Customers

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I have access to three different series of aerial images at work and all three, from the past couple years, show cars on the Jonesville Omnisource spur. I'm pretty sure it's still an active customer for INER.

Here's a photo of their spur, which cannot easily be seen from a road. This was taken from the tail end of The Solomon, the private observation car owned by the Little River Railroad, during one of their steam excursions from Coldwater to Hillsdale and return back in 2010.